Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Google Instant

Forbes.com writes:
Google Instant Search: A Pain In The Ads?


I personally don't like the concept of Google Instant. I feel like it's undermining my intelligence. I don't need Google's suggestions when I do my searches because I usually know what I'm looking for. It's not like I load google.com and key in random letters and numbers. The idea of Google telling you if you might have misspelled your keywords or what you could
be possibly looking for based on web-wide search trends is definitely excellent. I think predicting is already doing it too far.

Please humanity do something about this disturbing trend of people creating something to think and perform tasks for them.

Google is not the Internet god.

It's not like advertisers, SEOs, or the public can't do something about this. If advertisers think their businesses are adversely affected by Google's not-so-welcome moves, they're free to shift to Bing and Yahoo. They should just promote and support the search engines that are compatible with their business models.

No comments:

Post a Comment