Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New year, new jeers, new steers, new peers...


May the new year be great to one and all.

Jan 1, 2008 dawned and I witnessed the most (in numbers) and longest New Year fireworks display in our neighborhood.

The skies were so colorful (and smoky) and the city festive and rowdy. Awesome! Made me think everybody indeed got richer to afford beautiful fireworks in celebrating the coming of 2008. Progress and prosperity is in the air. It's time for a new year...for new cheers, new fears, new tears, new beers, new steers, and all the rest that rhyme and don't.

I noticed I haven't been promoting a lot of things here. I should be writing more adticles. So to start 2008 with a renewed focus on adticle blogging, let me share some of my favorite items.

Piccolo: great firecracker

This small, approximately two-inch long slimly-cylindrical firecracker blows loud enough to be called a firecracker but not strong enough to make you lose an arm or a finger. Cheap and omnipresent, it's one of the things I look forward to come year-ends. You see, I just realized I fear losing any of my fingers. These fingers mean my work and income.

Google

I just love Google. It promptly crawls my blogs.

Webnode

I'll be building a new website using this tool later today or tomorrow. This great website making tool brags a wide range of features. I hope I can come up with a great site using it very soon.

Coffee

I'm an addict of instant coffee. I prefer Nescafe's particularly its Protect coffee variety. Nescafe Protect claims to offer more antioxidants and health benefits.

Firefox

My blogs look their best with Firefox. I work with Firefox. I mail with Firefox...Youtube with Firefox...Google with Firefox...blog with Firefox.... I can't imagine the Internet without Firefox.

Freeware PC protection

Never did my PC crash having Avast, AVG, PC Tools Firewall Plus, and Lavasoft Ad Aware on guard. My PC also gets refreshed through regular cleanups with CCleaner, AdAware, and Eusing Registry Cleaner.

Digg, StumbleUpon

Get to discover a lot of new stuff on the Internet with these guys. Meet new friends and peers too.

Watching Fireworks

I think this is the best way to celebrate New Year. It's fun and spiritually (I'm sorry I couldn't think of any better term) gratifying. Try diverting all your partying and food budget to fireworks and be surprised how you don't get any fatter the way others do during the holidays.

Blogger

Push-button publishing...what you need when simplicity and content matter more.

Gmail

I'm obviously a Google fan. It's fast. It offers gigs and gigs of storage space. It has a powerful search feature.

eBuddy.com

Access multiple instant messaging accounts through a web-based interface. Similar to meebo.com, eBuddy allows you to have Y!M or MSN login via a web browser. The plus: it has a mobile device optimized version that I really love. I easily access my IM accounts through my 3G phone's web browser. It's web-based so no software needs to be installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment