Saturday, December 22, 2007

Webnode is feature-wise better than Weebly

So I got a comment on my previous post, the lone comment on that post to be more specific.

Somebody's recommending me Webnode, an online website building tool. The commenter says it's a better tool (comparing it to Weebly) so I went over Webnode.com to see it.

To my realization, my feature on Weebly looked very outdated and ignoramus. Where was information about Webnode when I was scouring the Internet for a tool that would even up or surpass Weebly. I was satisfied with the site I created with Weebly and I never thought a better technology was just out there waiting to be used.

I have already presented Webnode in my other blog but I can't seem to contain the excitement over using it that I'm still blogging about Webnode here.

Here's an excerpt:


...So Webnode is new... It WAS STARTED IN JANUARY 2008 (as how it's website writes, I'm posting this December 22, 2007)? Is time travel already possible? .... Okay, never mind the predictive "about us" description. Whether or not time travel is possible, the cool thing is anyone can now create interesting, feature-rich, and professionally-looking websites with free tools and services like Weebly and Webnode...
Webnode is the best free web-based website building tool I've seen so far. Think about the free web hosting, domain name assignment, SEO tools, and simplicity.

Webnode wins by the features but I don't know about longevity. What if the company running it bleeds too much money to be able to maintain the site further? Weebly and Freewebs have already been a force in the Internet and you can judge that by the reviews, citation in Time, Alexa ranks, and page ranks. I heard Weebly has also acquired over $600,000 in investments. These somehow guarantee users of the longevity of the service. What if you've built a business website with Webnode and it suddenly shuts down?

Yes, I am impressed with Webnode but my ideal tool would actually be a combination of Webnode and Clutterme features. Imagine that...total design freedom "web-ified."

Note: I haven't fully built a website with Webnode yet. I'll provide updates about my Webnode experience ASAP. Heard some issues about the site and I still have to investigate them.

2 comments:

  1. And link to webnode?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no link was given but webnode.com has been written. outbound links seem too precious for the site's author

    ReplyDelete